My BeauTy TricKs

The few times I've been brave enough to put pictures of myself on here you girls have been so kind and had such lovely things to say......

It has given my confidence a much needed boost because I have never even thought that I was remotely attractive. In truth I don't have clear skin, I have terrible skin, but there are a few products I use that give the illusion of great skin and I thought I'd share them with you......



Simple Every Day Make Up Routine;

1. Rub a small amount (like a small button) of Garnier (oil free) BB Cream between my finger tips and pat gently all over my face for a nice light and natural looking coverage.
2. Brush on (in a circular motion) a small amount of Maybelline Mineral Powder Foundation.
3. I use a darker shade of mineral powder or a bronzer to subtly highlight just under and on my cheekbones.
4. Pat Designer Brands Illuminator Cream all the way along the upper part of the cheekbones and on the brow bone just below the eyebrow until blended.
5. Apply Covergirl Brown Mascara onto top and bottom lashes.
6. Slick on some Designer Brands Milk Chocolate Lipstick. Add gloss for a shinier look if desired.



These are the products I use each morning so I don't scare anyone I meet in day light;


I moisturise with Lacura Aqua Complete (it's about $10 from Aldi) because it makes my skin feel good......hydrated but not greasy.

This is my absolute favourite lipstick......it's Designer Brands (about $8 from Priceline). The colour is Milk Chocolate and it's like nude with a kick......I'm wearing it in each of the pics and I haven't even used lip liner......you could add gloss over the top for a shinier look.



A spritz of Mor Sorbet perfume makes me feel good and it smells like Summer and coconut......if I need a lift I'll also put on a statement necklace. It dresses up even the most casual outfit and makes me feel confident. It also helps to distract attention from my face ;o).


A small amount of Surf Styler is a great way to get a super casual and carefree hairstyle......dry shampoo is a must for those mornings when you just don't have time to wash your hair......



These are the things I'm using at the moment......I like to keep my make up looking natural and use it to enhance my best features and disguise the not so good bits......of which there are plenty......when all else fails......I put on a smile ;o)


To all of my gorgeous readers......be good to yourself and have a great weekend!!!

39 comments:

  1. You look fab, you really have nothing to fear posting piccys of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very shy by nature......;o)
      I think the light was good here......truly ;o)
      And thank you......I think you're really lovely!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tessa,
      I blame makeup and good photography ;o)
      My husband soooo wants to date that chick ;o)
      I actually look very plain IRL.
      But you're a sweetie, thanks so much!
      And I love you ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  3. I like natural too. Thin Lizzy is my go to make-up these days! I will have a look for your milk chocolate lipstick- I need a new one since a child shut the lid on my current one with the stick still up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! I hate it when that happens ;o)
      Have a great day!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  4. Love it. You look super fresh! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what I love so much about make up and good photography ;o)
      I'd hate to spoil the illusion and that's why we can never meet ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  5. You look gorgeous! Where do you buy the Surf Styler from? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,
      This one is from Priceline but I have since seen some other brands I wouldn't mind trying......;o)
      A little goes a long way!
      It just kind of texturises your hair slightly.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  6. i like your natural looking make up tania! really beautiful pics.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,
      The photography helps!!!
      Even my husband was pleasantly surprised ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  7. It's fun to read about the makeup tricks others use, I'm always open to new ideas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm turning 38 soon so I'm showing an interest rather late ;o)
      Better late than never......!!!
      I do feel better when I make an effort, although I have to admit that in addition to the makeup, the photography here is outstanding if I do say so myself ;o)
      have a great Saturday afternoon.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  8. You look gorgeous - you definitely don't need to worry about being in front of a camera. Those necklaces are beautiful - where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margaret,
      I should have put a before pic....hehehe!
      The necklaces are from Equip (1/2 price sale rack)
      So all under $10.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous post and you look gorgeous. I will seriously take on some of your tips. Especially the dry shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good stuff. It can just get you through until a good shampooing;o)
      There is also one for brunettes I think too......
      Have a great day!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  10. You look beautiful Tania. Your makeup is very fresh and natural.
    I'm interested in the lippy you use. I look ridiculous in bright lipsticks! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Penny ;o)
      And it's even hard to find a good nude lippy.
      It's not to pink or too orange......
      That's why I thought I'd share it here ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  11. Sweetie, if I weren't already married....
    Seriously though, you look great and your make up and fashion tips are awesome. Will be be making a trip to Priceline tomoz to pick me up some of that lipstick too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cas ;o)
      I'm going back to stock up on it while I can still get it ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  12. Have you had enough comments saying how gorgeous you are? Well, here's another one. You gorgeous, girl!!!!! So very pretty. And it's definitely not the make up and lighting. It's that sweet nature of yours shining through. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      My husband thinks you're hilarious......but I love you ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Tania,
    Those products must be working because your skin looks lovely and amazing!
    Beautiful photos and lovely products, I'll have to try some of them.
    Jenah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's partly the photography ;o)
      I might scare you in real life......tehe
      Have a great day Jenah ;o)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  14. Morning Tania, I've seen that moisturiser at Aldi but wasn't sure if it was any good, might try some.... wonder if they have night cream. And yes the natural look all the way for me...not only looks better but sooooo easy.. not into the high maintenance look.
    nice pics chicky!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bec,
      It's really nice after you exfoliate ;o)
      I think they do have a night cream......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  15. Well, I've got to say I clicked on your blog because I saw your face BrisMod's blog roll and thought, "doesn't she look pretty". So, don't go under-selling yourself! I also like your Scandinavian yearnings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like you already ;o)
      I do love a bit of a Retro / Scandi / Coastal mix......
      Have a great Sunday arvo!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  16. Fresh and gorgeous as a daisy you are! And smelling like a coconut. Gotta love that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Anything coconutty and I'm in love......it just smells like Summer!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  17. Very Inspiring dear,Good Job!

    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and leave a comment on my new post.
    I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    Blow A Rainbow

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely of you to stop by,
      Have a great day!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  18. You look so gorgeous. If I looked like you, I would be plastering my gorgeous, fresh face on everything. Thanks for sharing your tips. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time I look like an awful before picture ;o)
      I don't know what you're talking about because you are lovely Rachel!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  19. As we all know that
    "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder".
    In my view you are looking awesome naturally and little bit make up is also breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's soooooo sweet,
      I just like to leave the house looking presentable.
      I think it makes you feel more confident......;O)
      But mostly, I try to be nice to people ;O)
      Have a great day!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  20. I will complement you this way..like ..You look excellent without make up but extra make up is enhancing your beauty .

    ReplyDelete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx