BeRRy MeRRy ChrisTmaS

Although I like to keep a bit of distance between myself and the Christmassy tinselly bling that lines the shelves every
festive season, I do occasionally have a weak moment and add extra embellishments to my shopping trolley......

I like to begin with plain white wrap and recycled brown paper and some white with red stripe ribbon or kitchen twine. 
I like to add in a printed wrap with a predominantly white background and dainty red Scandi inspired motif (the printed paper pictured here is from Kmart). I use small white paper doilies for gift tags and then go to town stamping the plain paper and tags with Christmas stamps and red ink from Kikki K......they are slightly pricey but are a one off expense and you can use them year after year as I do......

This year I've gone quite nuts for berries!

These little packets of red berries come in different sizes and  are only a few dollars from one of the $2 shops at my local shopping centre. These will also be used over and over again. I think I'll be going back for more of these while they still have them!!!







Some Aussie Christmas inspiration......I keep the Christmas issues and reread them each year as well as the new editions.


Australian Home Beautiful......



Scandi simplicity......a white cardboard snowflake Christmas wreath......a few dollars from a party supply shop......


I'm really enjoying adding Christmas bits and pieces......does it show??? It doesn't look too showy though because I like to utilise regular household bits and just give them a Christmas twist......light on the purse strings and oh so easy to store away for the rest of the year.

Well, that's it from me......I have a busy day!
What are you up to? 
Have you started your Christmas shopping yet???

Tania xx

Today I am linked at......

24 comments:

  1. You're so ahead of me with Christmas this year - I don't even know where I'll be eating my turkey yet! Those $2 shops are the best for cheap and cute bits and pieces - LOVE the giant snowflake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having a ball......although I may just be slightly overwhelmed by all the inspiration ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. Love your wrapping skeelz Tania ;)
    Yup shopping's done, we were only buying for kidlets this year and the rest of our d'oh is going on a little trip away.
    Have a good day!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea Cas ;O)
      Less crapsicle things to contend with too!!!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  3. The red and white wrapping looks so clean and simple - love it. I'm a bit slack - haven't bought anything to wrap yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's as far as I've gotten so far but it's a promising start ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  4. Aren't the Christmas mags absolutely gorgeous ...I'm loving Country Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Christmas one this year......I've been rereading last years as well!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  5. your wrapping is gorgeous!! the k mart paper is amazing.
    thanks for all the lovely inspiration.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kikki k stamps... heart bunting held by two birds = cute & stylish!
    x Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,
      They're all separate and you can make different combinations.
      Those are my favourites too ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  7. Great gift wrapping ideas! Oh, and it looks like you're a magazine hoarder like me - I've got boxes of them. I just can't bear to throw them out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six subscriptions and counting!
      I have them EVERYWHERE !!! ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Tania,

    Your gift wrapping is SO pretty! I like the simplicity of your ideas and the pops of color perfect. Keeping your magazines from prior years is a great idea. I have some too.. and regret not keeping more.

    Have a nice start to a new week!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie,
      I hope this week things settle down a bit for you ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  9. thats berry cute... I think I might gather gumnuts and paint them white & silver...what ya think?
    have a lovely week.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of that Bec......
      I have some pine cones I've been meaning to decorate so you've just reminded me ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  10. I have that paper too. Love love love the Scandi look for a bit of Chrissy cheer. Did you know I am tinsel phobic? Fact! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your ladder style. Looks so pretty with all the gifts.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn,
      That's just the start ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx