It's SnoT TeaRs, ReaLLy iT's SnoT

This post began life as a weekend inspiration post and quickly turned into a random mess of goodness knows what.
Even as I type, my fingers are covered in white paint the shade of ice cream......must remember not to lick them.

After school drop off and before the cleaning marathon I needed to do I thought I'd get another coat of paint on my latest furniture makeover project. I'm sooooo not a fussy painter and have totally embraced the slightly shabby white paint look.

So, I was slathering the paint on with my paint brush, wearing only undies and a singlet top when I heard a knock on the front door. The front door was open so there was no chance I could sneak across to my bedroom for some clothes. Thank goodness for baskets of unfolded washing in the dining room because I piled on the first wrinkled and mismatched pants and top I could find. I wasn't even sure if they were mine. I tell you, it was a look!

Wouldn't you know it. It was the council inspector ready to inspect the yard for our proposed pool. I was so happy and surprised to see him (and so happy to have dressed for the occasion). After about five minutes of shooting down all my hopes I could feel the tears welling in my eyes and tried to squish them back. That's when the wracking sobs began and floods of tears started rolling down my face. I honestly think he didn't know where to look. I don't think it's part of his job desciption to comfort random strangers and wipe the snot from their chin. So I bawled like a baby in front of the council man......I know!

...............................................

Now that I've pulled myself together, here are the pics from my weekend. If you want to leave me a kind message (I'm feeling a little fragile) I'll be back after the next round of painting.

Fridays Mail. WooHoo!!!

Saturday's Reading.

The view from my reading nest (looking up). In this pic it looks like a feature wall with things stuck to the ceiling when in actual fact the ceiling is blue. It takes a minute for your eyes to adjust.

Sooty - Neighbourhood Watch.

Sooty taking a break.

What? You don't lick your crotch???

Book Inspiration.



After reading these books I was inspired to create this little wall vignette.



Is it really that time of the year already?


Well, that's it, that's all. I'm off to paint some more. Have a great day!!!

This is what I looked like after the tears subsided. I did not know I had paint on my forehead until I saw this.
And that outfit......would you say no to this ;O)


Tania xx

34 comments:

  1. I hope you can get your pool dramas sorted!
    You still look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne,
      I'm beautiful on the inside ;O) And a big sook apparently!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  2. Oh poop. Did he say no to everything? City Hall, you can't win against those bureaucrats.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't offer everything ;O) ;O) ;O)
      Seriously though, Soooooooooo FRUSTRATING!!!
      T xx

      Delete
  3. i like how sooty does neighbourhood watch ;)
    good luck with the council!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl,
      You can see how dedicated he isn't!
      Tania xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Tania - so sorry to hear about the pool inspector. Love the paint on the forehead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's what he was looking at......I thought it was the tears.
      T xx

      Delete
  5. Oh no, can fully understand the tears with the council inspector! Even when you do get the nod to get the pool in, it's drama after drama from then on - frustrating like you wouldn't believe. Fingers crossed you can come up with a solution and get the pool you want :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie,
      I was definitely expecting it to be difficult......just not today!
      Now I'm not even sure what's happening.
      Tania xx

      Delete
  6. Oh man, how horrible. You know he'll probably have nightmares tonight, serves him right. Maybe that will make you feel a little better. What was the reason for the knock back, probably something totally ridunculous. Have a drink and some chocolate and I will talk to you soon. Smiley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HeLLo!
      I've had a drink and chocolate and I'm completely knackered from painting. I'll tell you tomorrow. It's hard to explain but very silly......even the council inspector knows it defies common sense but what can you do?
      It's our wedding anniversary today!
      T xx

      Delete
  7. Oh - I'm sorry that happened!! But I am glad that you had so many lovely things to look at when you came back inside.

    Hope that day has gotten ALOT better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm under control now......
      I don't know why I lost it like did. I completely surprised myself!
      The project is coming along nicely though. That does make me feel happier.
      Tania xx

      Delete
    2. Ooh no, def not the kind of pool man you want to have visit you!!! Rumours have it they are usually more accomadating than that ;-). Your weekend looks terribly creative, want want Megan Mortons Things I love! Dont you just love it when a book inspires you that much! Is it a storm water drain or something? Hope there is a fix! xx

      Delete
  8. Did you tell him it's the vibe, quote mabo? That it's your castle? Time to take out some posh knobs gate! You will have that pool, build it they will come!

    Enough references, cheer up, no one likes a lala! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you come and tell him for me? ;O)
      You're braver than me......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  9. Ps I love your green chair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Tania...i would love to hear the version he told his other half that night!...maybe it was the paint fumes?....if its any help...i was outside putting our sliding screen door back in its track after big dog had knocked it out...no pants on...yep nuddy from the navel down...when the fastrack courier guy walked around to deliver a parcel!...may be a perfect housewife fantasy for some...but not this little black duck!!....i still go beet red when i think about it.
    allison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which cheeks go beet red? ;O)
      Well, at least if he doesn't get a Christmas bonus this year, he'll still have the memories!!!
      I do feel a little better now......
      T xx

      Delete
  11. Fancy knocking your pool back, after you made so much effort to get dressed for him! Hope it gets sorted x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh honey! I hope you're having a better day today and the pool dramas get sorted.
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've created a diversion ;O)
      It's a paint project!
      Tan xx

      Delete
  13. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award - take a look http://www.techiemum.com/2012/11/leibster-award.html

    I have been following your blog for a while. My favourite colour is aqua so I'm guaranteed some inspiration everytime I visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Margaret.
      I'll have to get my act together.
      Did you feel sorry for me after yesterday? tehe ;O)
      Tania xx

      Delete
  14. Hi T. Happy, happy anniversary week! I know, I know...it probably hasn't been a very happy week so far, but here's hoping that great things come out of it. Life's not fair, but at least it's a beach! For the most part, anyhooo. ;-) When you're down, the only way forward is up - so here's wishing you lotsa onwards and upwards...with a mega dollop of Happyness! mwah Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much......you're so sweet!
      I have pulled myself together now ;O)
      On to bigger and better things!!!
      T xx

      Delete
  15. Oh chick you poor thing. Dont you just hate it when the tear come and you just cant stop them. Is there anyway you can work the pool? We had issues with ours too but we got around them in the end. Dont give up!
    And hey - you could totally make a hessian sack look good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetheart Sonia.
      Maybe if I wore the hessian sack next time he'll approve it just to get away from me ;O)
      We'll get there in the end I'm sure......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  16. Just found your blog. Love it, love the home and your writing style.
    So sorry about the pool and the councilman. I hate it when the tears just pop out like that too! Darn them!

    Hope it all works out in the end.

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamara,
      I'll know soon if the tears helped or not ;O)
      I might need to turn them on again......
      Tania xx

      Delete
  17. Haha! Thank goodness for piles of washing!!! That would be my worst nightmare, hence the reason I NEVER paint in my undies:) I see you've got Holly's new book. I've just done her Bootcamp Blogging course. Lots of fun. Must get a copy of her book too. Love the look of Megan Morton's too. Happy reading:) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Kim,
    I highly recommend both books. They are seriously awesome!!!
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete

It was so sweet of you to say HeLLo......ThanKs for stopping by.
Tania Maree xx